Wednesday 13 July 2011

Change of Direction

After experimenting a bit with my idea of a tornado effect, I realised that it would not sufficiently show a progressive pattern, as I had been approaching the project the wrong way. Back to the drawing board. I began to think of what could be similar to my tornado idea but show a progression of changes. 

I thought of a fan propellor - with each propellor winding up a piece of flexible wire to create a kind of staircase effect and keeping the winding effect of my original tornado concept. Each propellor would have a small change, such as a colour change or a small kink taken out of each propellor to end up with a jagged effect by the last propellor. It would progress upwards.
After doing a rough drawing of this idea, it reminded me of a plant and I thought of making a plant with leaves or petals that progressively change and I decided to try and make a cube out of sticks  and have the flexible wire with the leaves/petals suspended in the middle of the cube.
These are the sticks and materials to make the frame.


No comments:

Post a Comment