Thursday 4 August 2011

Fan-Structure

This was the first EOF design I made. It sets theme. As with all the items in this set it uses the same shapes, in the same order. Rotation is a repeating theme that allows for overlap and new compositions. Multiple overlapped items were created with a ’for’ statement. Variables connect sizes of the shapes.


After experimenting for a while, I decided that I would focus on a fan-like structure, inspired by a peacock tail design on some pillow cases. Each time I change the fan, it would become something else but retaining it's fan shape. So I set to thinking about what objects the fan shapes could relate to.

I started with the peacock tail that had been my inspiration.


I worked on creating a fanned design that reminded me of the peacock tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment