Monday 10 October 2011

Sound

Concept

Since this project is primarily about sound, it seemed appropriate to focus on getting it right. Analysis of my work indicated that the three animations of my concept needed sound. Most integral, was the explosion sound that I had located earlier. I edited it so I could provide a different sound depending on speed at which the collision occurs. Next I found a sound for lava and slowed it down. It should provide a nice ambient sound to match the shifting colours.

The last piece of the puzzle was something to match the dragging of the canvas. I liked the idea of building up anticipation and I knew that a drum roll would be an effective way of achieving this. Of course this makes this sound effect the odd-one-out, but I think the tradeoff will be worth it.

Drumming in Hand-Made Village

No comments:

Post a Comment