Thursday 8 September 2011

Parallax

Concept

This one kind of goes into the precedents category. I spent a whole day and made pages of written notes on this, but I could never get it to work. The idea is that there would be a series of rings around the mouse that increase in size. When the mouse is moved, each ring would move relative to its radius creating a strong Parallax effect.

My theory was that applying a percentage of mouseX and Y to the radius of the a circle it would work.

This is important for a sensation of movement, and would have formed a major part of the control scheme. Unfortunately, due to time constraints, I had to leave it out of my final design

The example bellow illustrates one ring following this behaviour to a limited extent.

Parallax - Open Processing Link

No comments:

Post a Comment